Today I went to Zita's funeral at St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Evanston. It was a lovely service with about 30 people in attendance. I spoke to her sons John and Paul, and both were really pleased that someone from Wenatchee could be there. I told them that you all would have been there if at all possible. Paul said that he remembered Michelle and Jackie, and both John and Paul said to say hi to everyone.
Paul gave a very moving, personal eulogy that spoke to just how wonderful and giving a person Zita was. He shared a few emails that he had received from people (including yours, mom!) and each one showed just how influential she was in people's lives.
He also talked about how Marcia Kopfer wanted to be there but couldn't because Torry's wife had a baby, almost exactly at the time that Zita died!
Here are a few pictures from the day.... I had to be sly inside the church because I didn't want to offend anybody by taking pictures. I also got a program and a little card that they had made there -- I will post them later.
I'm so glad you had the time to go to Zita's service...I think they are having a service in Seattle at the end of march so hopefully I can be there! Looks like it was really nice...talk to you more later. :) Michelle
ReplyDeleteHi Russ!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you could go! I really wish I could have been there. It sound's like it was a very nice service. Michelle, Mom and I will be at the March 22 funeral in Seattle. Thanks for sharing all this Russ!
Love ya!