Saturday, February 28, 2009

NES


Today was the day! I busted out the NES. I will have to admit I almost forgot how to hook up the darn thing! I rattled around in my closest and found the blue, and red case that I got for my 10th birthday. It' s funny, out of all the zipper's I owned in my lifetime this is probably the longest working zipper that has ever worked for me. And believe me this zipper has been used!

I started out slowly with Duck Tales, and worked my way slowly to the original Mario Brothers. I had to grease the wheels and get used to the speed, especially on the jumping portion. Have you ever noticed the "jumping" is different in Mario Bros. 1 then 3? It seems like Mario must of done some training or something? You know is Uncle is Dr. Mario? There must be a connection there somewhere? They must not have steroid regulations like they do in baseball, and football! Of course I won't be surprised if he is caught and ends up like Jose Canseco, Mark McGuire, and the latest; Alex Rodriquez. Keep me posted if you see Mario in the papers! I know the evil King Koopa is plotting against him!

I cycled through the others; Paperboy, RC Pro AM, Back to the Future. Tecmo Bowl etc. These our the ones of course that you play for about 5 minutes. How come these games were so cool when you were like 10?

Anyways, I finished the afternoon with Super Mario 3. Each level brought back memories of all 4 of us kids fighting over the controllers. The countless hours of Mario 3, the hidden doors, and the chasing ghosts. Michelle jumping with the controller back and forth and Jackie slamming the controller on the ground everytime she lost a life! If it wasn't for Russell with his "mad gaming" skills we wouldn't of found the hidden door in World 8 to get us to King Koopa's castle where would be today?

I definately have to give some serious "props" to Mom & Dad for putting up with us kids fighing over the Nintendo like it was our last meal. Yes, Mom we still love you even though you charged us 25 cents a game. I know for sure I only played one game a day, well at least the one you saw! :-)

Jared

1 comment:

  1. This is funny Jared. I wonder if I could beat Mario 1 still. I'm glad I learned how to beat at least 1 nintendo game from my brothers. I'm sure I through the remote a few time...not because I lost, but probably at you when we were fighting over it! LOL

    ReplyDelete