Sunday, January 10, 2010

Some music for stressful times

Hi everyone,

I am working with a new string quartet and we just recorded this piece at a lesson that we had yesterday. It's an informal recording with a few mistakes, but this is perhaps one of the most beautiful works EVER. Hopefully it can help put you at ease, at least for a few minutes.



Love you all.

Russ

4 comments:

  1. Hi Russ,

    Aaron and I just listened to your quarter. Really nice song! It sounds familiar.

    Love,
    Jacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Russ......I'm bawling all the way through it but I think I need to.......what is this? I recognize it too but can't put my finger on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the 2nd movement from Haydn's "Kaiser" Quartet. It's actually the same tune as the German national anthem. And most likely it's been used for a hymn somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty! You should make a cd for lyla....she always listens to music when she goes to sleep!!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete