
The joy of being a homeowner! So, I was headed out the door the other morning and I couldn't help to notice a very large mound of dirt! The wind was blowing pretty much like it always does so I figured it was just a coincidence. Well I got home and well.. found a little friend in our front flower bed.
When my carpool arrived my friend Charlie said, "Dude, I just saw something run out from your flower beds". Initially I thought of the big groundhog from Groundhog's Day, and then secondly the gopher from "Caddyshack".
I got home and quickly equipped myself with my duct tape shovel. This is actually my 4th shovel. I keep breaking the darn things. I start out doing some minor landscaping then I get crazy and usually break the darn thing.
Anyways to get back on track I picked up some gopher bombs and investigated the gopher holes looking for the main "passageway" this is according the the instructions. Of course they all look like main passageways. I lit the "Zippo" lighter and watch the end of the fuse light up and start to sparkle. I quickly jammed the smoke bomb in the hole and quickly looked for the Grey duct taped shovel. I was watching "poised like a snake ready to strike". I waited, and waited hoping that the little monster that ruined my award winning lawn would come running out. Of course he never came out, and to my surprise he has visited yet another time.
Today is the first day he hasn't surfaced, beware he could be coming to a lawn near you.
Jared
wow! funny Jared!
ReplyDeletegreat story, Jared! keep them coming...
ReplyDeleteThe gopher is so cute....Can't we leash them? Does the gopher bomb kill them or just send them away?
ReplyDeleteIt kills them! You don't watch to catch and release these baby's they will just come back. They are actually pocket gophers. They love vegetation. He literally harvested all of our bulbs and a 4x4 section of lawn in a matter of 5 days!
ReplyDelete